IMPACT HARVEST CHURCH
Welcome to the Family!
Impact, we strongly recommend everyone to find a spiritual home, either at Impact or elsewhere. It is important to grow in a family that loves you and accepts you in life. We believe that a tree can grow as tall as it wants when it is planted in the soil permanently, not temporarily in a plant pot. These 4 key words resemble our desire for your personal growth. " Believe. Belong. Become. Build."
Believe - Sharing the LOVE of God.
Belong - Creating a HOME for new believers.
Become - Equipping believers for their DESTINY.
Build - Releasing the KINGDOM builders.
Impact was originally a cell group started in June 2004 in Pasadena by Jack and Annie.
In August 2005 Pastor Liu Tong, Sr. Pastor of River of Life Christian Church in San Jose, envisioned the needs for young people to have a different style of church;
he then decided to support Impact in becoming a youth church in LA. Through God's love and grace, Impact is called to minister to this generation in the San Gabriel Valley area. Since then Impact Harvest Church has been sharing Jesus Christ to a Multi-cultural generation of high school, college students and young adults. ;
There are many excellent churches in our city. We're very glad the Lord brought you to visit us today! Every church has a distinct assignment from the Lord, in addition to the common call to love the Lord and one another, and disciple the nations. God's presence, not just for our own enjoyment (though He is very enjoyable), but that others might also encounter Him and be changed. God wants to heal and deliver His people as well as save them from the power of sin. His kingdom regularly breaks into this world in demonstration of power and glory via signs, wonders and miracles. God regularly blesses people in this place with healing and freedom. We welcome you to join us in knowing God and receiving His tremendous blessings! -Jack & Annie
With God all things are possible. We believe
Encountering God's Love, Making Disciples with Passion, Sending the Best to Nations.
Encounter: Loved by God, loving God
Disciple: Making Disciples with passion
Send: Send the best to nations.
Love - (1John 4:7-21) Don't labor for love; labor from love.
Family - (Matt 12:46-50) If you cannot do things with love, you cannot move the Dove.
Freedom - (John 8:36) When life is dominated by fear, we want people to be like us.
Genuine - (1Peter 1:7) Supernatural capacity to love others, no matter how others treat you.
Healthy - (Matt 9:9-13) Churches are not like restaurants in town, competing with each other
Happy - (Matt 5:3-10) You are more attractive when you are smiling. Touch life with joy.
Honor - (Matt 7:1-5) My love to you is not dependent on your character. It's controlled by me.
Influence: Transform Lives Through Christ
Maturity: Grow Fruitfully
Passion: Love Wholeheartedly
Anointing: Release the Supernatural
Covenant: Cultivate Faithful Relationship
Truth: Rooted & Grounded in the Word of God
3 CORE ACTIONS
6 CORE VALUES
7 CORE CULTURES
God has given us an assignment. A Christian life is one huge life of impossibility. We have been called by God to invade the impossible.
Heal the sick
Cleans the lepers
Raise the dead
Freely receive, freely give
Preach the Kingdom of God
Cast out demons
1. There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self- existent; one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
3. Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
4. The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God's Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God's Kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today, in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is true God and true man.
5. We are saved by God's grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the Kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.
6. In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live holy and minister super-naturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses.
7. The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy * sin, lies, sickness and torment.
8. The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of Baptism and Communion. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God's love, discipling the nations, baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.
9. In the ever increasing government of God and in the Blessed Hope, which is the glorious visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His overcoming bride * His church. Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.
WE ARE A TEAM
Based on Church Planting in Restricted Access Nations, by Eric Watt
Some Foundational Values
- the key to evangelism -
The basic building block of the Early Church's strategy centred on the word "OIKOS" a Greek term from which we get the word "household" or personal network (see Acts 16:31). Rather than re-creating a Kingdom social structure, the early church worked through existing relational lines in order that the message of the Kingdom could move swiftly and be easily understood. Our task, then, in advancing the Kingdom is to identify the natural 'OIKOS" or network of people within our larger targeted group and introduce the King and His Kingdom in a fashion which is easily understood and accepted in the context of their naturally formed oikos.
Our OIKOSES are not large; they typically average nine people. Our OIKOS only includes people with whom we spend quality time (about one hour per week ). Most Christians (esp. full-time workers) have very few non-Christians in their OIKOSES.
1. Disciples vs. Converts
We are called to make disciples, not just decisions.
2. Every Member Ministry vs. Professional Ministry
It is the job of the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers to train all church members to be effective ministers.
3. Life-style Christianity vs. Head knowledge
Christianity is about whom we know, not what we know. It is about how we live, not how we appear to others.
4. Growth vs. Stagnation
Healthy Christians, healthy cells and healthy churches will grow.
A cell church is a non-traditional form of church life in which Cells of 12 people (or it may vary from 5-15) meet in their homes for worship, edification, evangelism, bonding, and ministry to one another. It is a church which defines its cells as "basic Christian communities", the building blocks of church life. A Chinese saying can be translated like this: A sparrow may be small, but it has all the internal organs. A cell is small, but it has all the basic functions of a church. In other words, a cell is a church.
The Outline of the 12 disciple cell church.
The major characteristic of the 12 disciple cell is that it requires each disciple to participate in 2 cells. One is the mother cell where he is discipled, and the other is the daughter cell where he leads another 12 disciple-leaders (each in turn lead another 12 disciples, and so forth). Listed below are the 7 simple principles for this model:
1. Everyone is a potential leader.
2. Everyone can disciple 12 people.
3. Everyone receives ministry, and in turn gives it away.
4. A person remains in the original 12 when they open a cell of their own.
5 .Everyone should win souls and develop potential leaders.
6. Cells open most rapidly when they are homogeneous.
7. Your 12 are your assistants. This allows more time for prayer and your ministry of the Word
There are 3 major programs in this model
1. Cell meetings
2. Leadership training
Each part is essential. They will be discussed in details in later sections.
The Major Functions of the Cells
1. To worship God
• Corporate worship is an essential part of Christian life
• Worship invites the presence of God, which is the basis of all ministry
• Evangelism is the first step of the Great Commission
• Every Christian is a minister of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:19-)
• Each Christian has the power of the Holy Spirit to witness (Acts 1:8) l Invite "oikos" (relatives and friends) to cells
- New believers have the greatest potential for evangelism
3. Edifying one another
• Cells help making disciples, fulfilling the Great Commission
• Cells are conducive to opening to each other and mutual ministry
• Bonds are formed in cells, and fellowship extends beyond meeting times
4. Equipping the saints
• Teaching the Word
• Providing opportunities for mutual ministry and the operation of the spiritual gifts
• Personal discipleship
• Leadership training
Copyrights © 2005-2016 Impact Harvest Church